Bolton Community Forum is pleased to announce the start of a new service kindly funded by the Morrison’s Foundation and the DWF Foundation.
We provide a befriending service for Bolton’s older community.
Here are some of the befriending services we provide:
- One to one befriending.
- Group befriending.
- Outreach into the community.
Contact us at 148 Deansgate, or contact us on 07843292235 or alternatively by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bolton Community Forum’s Reminiscence Project
Bolton Community Forum was grateful to receive funding from the Clothworker’s Foundation for a new Reminiscence Project.
This project will record and archive the reminiscences of Bolton’s older generation.
- Would you like to record your reminiscences to camera?
- Do you have reminiscences about Bolton during the second world war?
- Did you work in the cotton mills of Bolton? We would like to hear your anecdotes or stories.
- Do you have an older relative who would benefit from reminiscing about their life?
- Older people suffering mild forms of dementia or alzheimer’s can benefit greatly from talking about their past lives.
Come and see us at 148 Deansgate, or contact us on 07843292235 or alternatively by email at email@example.com
We need older volunteers
Bolton Community Forum needs to recruit older volunteers for it’s befriending service.
We are looking for older people who have a few hours per week to spare to help other older people who are lonely and isolated.
What Bolton Community Forum Can Offer It’s Volunteers
- Personalised Training
- Counselling Skills and Techniques
- Reminiscence Training
- Welfare Benefits and Money Advice Training
- We offer our volunteers out of pocket expenses and lunch
And listed below are some of the further services we provide.
- Alzheimer’s Awareness
- One to One Befriending
- Group Outings
- Depression Counselling
- Telephone Help